Accessibility Tools

Skip to main content

Paint amendment and Mattress Extended Producer Responsibility bills

Paint was once again an amendment, this time to the Senate Economic Development bill, and once again, sadly, it was pulled – meaning it wasn’t voted down, that’s the most we can say.  Someone in leadership didn’t want it or didn’t want it there and then.  Our most likely path is now as a stand-alone bill, and the odds of that have never been good.  But there is always a chance.  This is a bad loss.

On the other hand, the competing mattress Extended Producer Responsibility bills have been reconciled into a single set of language, now called H.4810. It passed out of the Environment and Natural Resources Committee on 7/1 and was sent to House Ways and Means (where Paint has languished since early this year).   It’s missing a couple things it ought to have, but nothing fatal, and we can absolutely support this version, especially since they got rid of the most controversial provision that would have helped one recycler above all others.

The primary, and probably only, opponent of the paint bill is still the Retail Association of Merchants (RAM) who put out of letter full of rather ridiculous and false claims that boil down to “we think you should throw leftover paint in the trash”.  We have a lovely letter from the owner to the Home Décor chain of hardware stores – 23 in the greater Boston area, supporting the bill, as well as a letter from the head of Aubuchon, and a nice letter from our own Hamshaw Lumber, all showing there are retailers who support, but we are not yet winning the day, alas.

Sen Jo Comerford, of course, was a co-sponsor of the amendment.

Peg Hall, July 7, 2024

Housing Greenfield Meeting Notes – March 11, 2024

 jPresent: Susan Worgaftik, Peg Hall, Mary McClintock, Dorothy McIver, Chuck Green, Edie Heinemann, Pamela Goodwin, Dave Chichester, Stephanie Duclos, Rosa Tobin, Judy Draper, Erin Forbush, Amy Clarke, Emily Greene, Louise Amyot, Nikki Garrett

Updates

Status of 42 Cleveland Street—Alyssa Larose

RDI expects to close on the sale of the property by April 15th. All the funding needed to complete the project is in hand. Asbestos remediation will begin this spring. RDI will be looking for assistance in outreach to the neighborhood as things move forward. Alyssa will be in touch with us about this. Status of Green River School—Susan Worgaftik

We still don’t know a lot yet. Glenn Johnson-Mussad has told us that the superintendent is working on the key paperwork.We may know more in April.

The reorganized leadership group met at the end of February. They are planning a community meeting soon. The owner of the Webb Building is now involved as is Anna Oltman, and Councilors Bullock and Garrett.

Winter 2024-2025 Shelter Planning—Amy Clarke

The Mayor called a meeting of all the service providers providing support services to the unhoused population. Although everyone was not there, the representation was very good and there was a spirit of cooperation in the air. The assessment of the 2023 winter is that there was some difficulty getting the word out about the overflow warming center at the Wells Street shelter and the involvement of the Sheriff’s Office in the effort was not successful. It was agreed that next winter we should move to a different model. There will be no extra room at the temporary shelter at Arch Street next winter. Fire Chief Strahan explained the legal difficulties with providing overnight shelter in city buildings. It was agreed that we need to find some alternative spaces for very cold nights. It was also agreed that the 10 degree above 0 threshold may be too low, especially if wind chill is not considered. There will be further discussion on this. There are some possibilities for future staffing. At the next meeting we hope that things will be moved further along in the planning.

CDBG Hearing—Susan Worgaftik

There was good representation of people concerned about housing at the CDBG hearing.  It was good to know that the city’s plan for these funds that will become available in the fall are for housing rehabilitation assistance, legal aid for homelessness prevention and outreach to unhoused residents of Greenfield For more information, see attachment.

Housing Bond Bill—Susan Worgaftik

The good news is that housing bond bill is out of the Housing Committee and has been moved to the Bonding Committee. The bad news is that there were no amendments to the bill. Those amendments will probably happen in the Ways and Means Committee hearings. We will let people know when those meetings come up so that we can once again write letters to key representatives and senators. Senator Comerford and Reps. Blais and Whipps are on board. The key will be getting to the leadership of the House and the Senate and the Ways and Means Committee. More to come.

Discussions

    Massachusetts Fair Housing Center—Rosa Tobin

         In a whirlwind presentation, Rosa presented the jist of what the Massachusetts Fair Housing Center does.  (For more complete information, see attachments to these notes.)  Mass Fair Housing Center is the oldest such center in the Commonwealth and serves the 4 Western Massachusetts counties and Worcester County.  Its services are focused on housing discrimination providing free legal services, information and advocacy regarding public policy and testing of housing violation.  The key pieces of legislation that in helps enforce are the 1968 Fair Housing Act and a state housing anti-discrimination law which outlaws housing discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, familial status, children in the household, marital status, age, sexual expression, and status regarding public assistance.  Landlords cannot set special conditions or add additional costs for people they do not want to rent to, eg. Extra cost because children may cause more wear and tear on an apartment.  If you know of someone who might benefit from these services, they can reach Rosa at rtobin@massfairhousing.org or can call their office. (See attachments)  They also will work with folks to do housing counseling and search support for people with vouchers.  They work closely with Community Legal Aid regarding legal assistance for housing on broader issues.

Recognition of Shelter and Outreach Workers—Susan Worgaftik, Erin Forbush

           We established that we want to provide personalized thank you notes and include a gift certificate or gift card.  There are 32 people who would receive these cards…16 from the Wells Street Shelter, 14 from the two family shelters, and 2 from Wildflower Alliance.  Considering our available funds, slightly less than $300, though a couple of people said that they would put some additional money in, we agreed that the key places to ask for gift cards or certificates are the Garden Cinema, Ice Cream Alley or Shelburne Coffee Roasters.  We will also check if the Greenfield Business Association is still using Greenfield Dollars. Once we have figured out what cards we can get, we will have a card writing party.  Susan and Louise are investigating the options.

Housing Registration—Chuck Green

     Chuck presented an analysis of what the options are that are being considered by the committee.  (Please see attachment).  Overall, we are trying to find the best way to gather the address information for all rental units with the least involvement of other individuals or systems, but also figure out how to make that information available and updated as needed.  The subgroup is meeting on March 12th to consider options.

Reports (The following are the same as February.  As there has been no change, they are repeated here for those who missed the February notes.)

       Wells Street—Amy Clarke

            The shelter is full and the 5 additional beds that the shelter will have until the end of March are also occupied.  They are prepared for overflow for when the temperature is 25 degrees or lower.  Because the winter has been warm thus far there have been very few nights when the warming center has been in use.  CSO also has a partnership with Eliot Homeless Services which also provides hotel rooms, if they are needed.

            The Interfaith Council has supported hotel stays primarily in Orange and Athol for a total of 50-60 nights and 6-8 nights at the Red Roof Inn.  They have also purchased supplies for the warming center and a stipend for Larry to do outreach for the warming center.  They have also spent $6-7,000 preventing evictions or providing start-up funds so that people can get housing.

             Family Shelter at the Family Inn and the Days Inn—Erin Forbush

                  The Days Inn shelter has now been in operation for 8-9 months and the families are starting to see themselves as part of the community.  Many are working and 30 of the 45 families now have vehicles.  English classes are continuing with the Center for New Americans.  Mass Hire has been helpful in providing job fairs and working with employers.  There is a regular flow of new migrant families.  Within 24 hours of one family finding housing another arrives.  There are still more than 700 families on the state’s waiting list.

Attachments:

CDBG FY2024 Budget Summary
Housing Justice in Our Communities
Know Your Fair Housing Rights
KYR Disability Discrimination
KYR Housing Subsidy Discrimination
KYR Sex Discrimination
SUN Flyer
Rental Registration

Housing Greenfield Notes June 17, 2024

Encampment Projects

The Community Education Regarding Encampments…The committee met and determined that this effort should be a more long term one.  We are planning to develop a program which will be offered to existing community organizations as part of their regular programming. Although we are far from being ready, I already have an invitation from the Rotary Club.  We are working with GCTV to develop some video interviews with people living outdoors.  Getting a meeting time has been a complicated process, but we hope to have more information for you in August.

Sanctioned Encampments…Amy Clarke, Shaundell Diaz, and Chuck Green and Mary had a meeting regarding tending a safe, sanitary, stable, legal place to camp.  After some serious discussion, we decided not to continue pursuing it, although Chuck is interested in changing city ordinances to remove the camping ban that currently exists. Amy and I think that would be politically challenging and not necessarily have a positive impact.

Apartment Registration…Because of other pressing issues, this question has not yet been discussed as a general question in City Hall.  The Mayor, Keith Barnicle and I discussed it in our monthly housing meeting on June 13th and I will follow-up in our July meeting.

Short-term Rental Ordinance…At my June meeting with Mayor Desorgher and Keith Barnicle, I mentioned the Buckland ordinance and that Greenfield should consider doing something similar as a proactive measure.  The Mayor now has a copy of the Buckland ordinance.  We will discuss it at our July meeting.  More to come.

Thank you, Susan Worgaftik

Housing Greenfield Meeting Notes – May 13, 2024

Present: Susan Worgaftik, Peg Hall, Mary McClintock, Dorothy McIver, Chuck Green,  Amy Clarke, Nikki Garrett, Anna Oltman, Alyssa Larose, Judy Atkins, Wisty Rorabacher, Judy Draper, Emily Greene, Jesus Leyva, Cole Cataneo, Nancy Hazard, Melanie Gaier, Joannah Whitney, Dave Chichester, Ann Childs, Maureen St. Cyr, Tim Grader, Bob Williford, Carol Letson, Pamela Goodwin, Dotty Janke, Shaundell Diaz, Keleigh BenEzra,

Decisions and areas for further discussion were made are in red. Comments made on the chat are in purple.

Because Senator Jo Comerford is holding a Town Meeting at GCC (5:30 pm) on June 10th,  our next meeting will be JUNE 17TH at 6:30 via zoom

Updates

Status of Green River School—Ann Childs
The city will have the final say on what happens to the Green River School property.  While the School Committee members working on this would like to see it become housing, once the school is decommissioned, they have no authority about what happens next.  The question of grant forgiveness for the work that was done on the school before it was determined that it was no longer needed will play a role here.  The process is a slow one.  Community feedback thus far has been in favor of housing, but there is some interest in making it a childcare center.  The Building Committee members have not yet talked with Rep. Blais or other legislators.

Hope St
The temporary Fire Station is now slated to be moved to new quarters in July.  An engineering firm will then review the status of the property.  That is being paid for by a grant from the Massachusetts Housing Partnership (MHP).  MHP will facilitate some public meetings in July and August to discuss the future of the property and get community feedback.

Precincts 5 and 7 held a community Earth Day clean-up on April 21st.  It went very well. If anyone is interested in what the group is doing, please contact  greenfield5neighbors@gmail.com.

Status of 42 Cleveland Street—Alyssa Larose
RDI now owns property and the asbestos abatement has been completed.

Construction by Renaissance Builders has begun.  There will be a groundbreaking this week with Secretary of Housing Augustus.  RDI will begin marketing the property this summer to first time homebuyers.  The applications will be made available and applicants will be required to take a first time home buyers course.  The lottery will take place in fall or early winter.  Information on 42 Cleveland Street is available at https://fcrhra.org/affordable-homeownership/

Status of 156-186 Main Street—Alyssa Larose
Rural Development Inc. is working with property owner, Tim Grader to establish whether it would be possible to build affordable housing on this property by building additional apartments above the storefronts presently there.  Assuming it is feasible, there are likely to be 32-36 units, most of them on Main Street. The property actually involves 3 parcels of land.  The Community Preservation Committee is supporting that some of their funds should go to this feasibility study.  This will come up for a vote at the May 13th City Council meeting. RDI is applying to MassDevelopment for predevelopment funding.  The proposal is due June 5th. Bob Williford commented that he believes that the zoning code states that no parking is required in residential buildings in the central commercial district.  Zoning will require some off street access to commercial spaces as part of the project.

Alyssa requested a letter of support for the MassDevelopment Application.  Unanimously supported. Alyssa will get in touch with Susan about the content of the letter.

Winter 2024-2025 Shelter Planning—Anna Oltman
There has been no movement on planning for the winter.  The city has been working on a draft policy and there is a meeting next week with service providers to discuss plans for this summer.

Recognition of Shelter and Outreach Workers—Keleigh BenEzra and Susan Worgaftik
Keleigh gave out our gift certificates and notes at a recent 1 year anniversary celebration at the Wells Street shelter.  The staff was surprised and appreciative.  Susan mentioned that the gift certificates included 2 passes to the Garden Cinema and a gift certificate to Ice Cream Alley.  She also thanked Louise Amyot, Dorothy McIver and Edie Heinemann for their assistance in writing the thank you notes that accompanied the gift certificates.

Winter Shelter Update-Keleigh BenEzra
Keleigh thanked Housing Greenfield for our support in getting the CDBG funding that allowed the shelter to have 5 additional beds available this winter.  The beds served 31 people who would not otherwise have been able to use the shelter during that time.

Greenfield Housing Study—Anna Oltman

                             The city has contracted with Community Scale LLC to do a housing study of Greenfield.  Jeff Sauser is head of the company and lives here so that additional local knowledge should assist with the project.  It is expected that the study will take 6-7 months.  It will include stakeholder interviews and there will be community meetings to discuss the gaps in housing.  This will result in a housing plan which also will be reviewed at a community meeting.  The study will focus on all kinds of housing needs with a particular emphasis on middle income housing (80-120% of Area Median Income).

Anna will send Susan a flyer for the community meeting to be held on May 22nd.  It will be hybrid.  Susan will send it out, including the hybrid link, to all on the Housing Greenfield list.

Buckland Town Meeting—Short term Rental Ordinance—Susan Worgaftik
Andrea Donlon could not be here tonight, but she wanted me to tell you that the short term rental ordinance passed in Buckland.  She is sending us the language so that we can consider whether we want to move forward on a similar ordinance for Greenfield.  While we do not have presently a problem with Airbnb type of residences in Greenfield, it could become an issue in the future and we may want to deal with it before it becomes a problem.   Susan is reviewing the present Greenfield ordinances.  From Mary, the Buckland site with the language is https://www.town.buckland.ma.us/sites/g/files/vyhlif356/f/uploads/atm_warrant_5.4.24.pdf  It is on page 7 of the warrant.  Andrea will discuss it with us next month.

The Putnam Letter of Support—Melanie Gaier
The Putnam, formerly Wilson’s, is submitting an application to MassDevelopment for funding for the development of the apartments.  The group agreed unanimously to support this letter. Melanie will send Susan further information for the letter.

Discussions
Homeless Encampments
Susan explained that we know that the number of evictions is increasing resulting in an increase in homeless encampments.  There was a recent incident in precinct 7 where there was a fire in the general area of a homeless encampment.  The community became very agitated about this which resulted in several unfounded statements about the encampment as being the reason for the fire and accusing of the unhoused neighbors of many unsubstantiated claims.

The questions for discussion were:  Is there anything that we want to do to educate the community about this issue?  If so, what do we need to learn first before doing so?  If so, how would we like to do this work?  If not, who should we be talking with about this concern?  What can we contribute to the work of others around this issue?

The discussion coalesced in the following manner:

  1.   There should be some public education about who the members of the unhoused community are and partner with       others to do that education.

Suggested responses are:
Contact Bella Levavi at GCTV who is doing interviews about this issue including interviews with the unhoused
population.  There could be a panel of unhoused residents to discuss their ideas.

Letters to the editor in the Recorder?
Committee considering this:  Susan, Shaundell, and possibly Rosa Tobin

  1. We should consider whether we need to revive the efforts that were made in 2018 to create a safe and legal place for folks to camp in Greenfield:

Talk with folks at Craig’s Doors about what they did in Amherst.
Can this site have showers and sink?
What kind of a site would we need and where would zoning allow it?
Should the Board of Health or the Health Department be involved in this planning?
Committee considering this:  Mary, Chuck, Amy, Shaundell

  1. The Three County Continuity of Care is building a coalition of providers and people with lived experience called Emerge to coordinate the needs of encampments both in terms of services and equipment.  Shaundell Diaz suggested that the group considering campsites might want to be involved in this coalition.
  2. Other issues to be considered at another time:
    People opening their homes that have an extra bedroom.  What are the benefits and liabilities regarding this issue?

CT River Delegation posts final FERC comments

Massachusetts Senators and Representatives who represent cities and towns along the Connecticut River and its tributaries have posted their comments to the FERC on May 1, 2024.  This is an excellent summary of outstanding issues with the FERC license, requesting balancing the needs of the communities and the river.

Documents to & from MassDEP

The State Process for Water Quality Certificate (WQC) or “401”:

FirstLight’s application for Water Quality Certification was accepted as “administratively complete” on 04/22/24.  MassDEP has until 04/22/25 to issue or deny a WQC.  The MassDEP’s website will be the best place to follow this process, including seeing when there are opportunities for public comment, now, on the application, and later on a draft WQC.

Get on MassDEP’s email list to be notified of hearing dates and changes to the website.

MassDEP’s consultant review of FirstLight’s erosion reports (06/20/24)

Application for 401 Water Quality Certification (04/22/24)  [This 226 page document is the application itself that we all may comment on for 35 days.]

ORGANIZATIONS, ABBREVIATIONS, INITIALIZATIONS & LINKS

CAPV: Community Action Pioneer Valley
CHAMP: Common Housing Application for Massachusetts Programs (but best to start with HRA)
CHAPA: Citizens Housing and Planning Association
CHIP: Community Health Improvement Plan Network – a program of FRCOG
CNI: Complete Neighborhoods Initiative – a program of MHP
COC: Continuum of Care, Three County – a program of CAPV
Community Builders, The
Community Legal Aid: anti-housing-discrimination, eviction services and more
CSO: Clinical & Support Options
DHCD: MA Department of Housing and Community Development (but best to start with HRA)
FCCLT: Franklin County Community Land Trust
FCCPR: Franklin County Continuing the Political Revolution
Franklin County Regional Housing Authority – see HRA
FRCOG: Franklin County Regional Council of Governments
GG: Greening Greenfield – convenor of Housing Greenfield, and more
Green Fields Market: Franklin Community Co-op
Greenfield Community and Economic Development
Greenfield Housing Authority
HomeShare – a program of Lifepath
HRA: Franklin County Regional Housing and Redevelopment Authority
IH2: Improving Housing to Improve Health – a program of FRCOG & others
Interfaith Council of Franklin County Massachusetts Housing Assistance
LifePath
 runs Homeshare Program
Mass Fair Housing provides free legal advice to those who have experienced housing discrimination
MHC: Massachusetts Housing Coalition
MHP: Massachusetts Housing Partnership
Opioid Task Force and its Housing and Workforce Development Committee
RAFT: Residential Assistance for Families in Transition (but best to start with HRA)
RDI: Rural Development, Inc.
Regional Housing Authority – see HRA
Small Town Housing Workgroup an IH2 project
Three County COC – see COC
TOPA: Tenant Opportunity to Purchase Act

Housing Greenfield Meeting Notes – April 8, 2024

Housing 

Present: Susan Worgaftik, Peg Hall, Mary McClintock, Dorothy McIver, Chuck Green, Edie Heinemann, Erin Forbush, Amy Clarke, Louise Amyot, Nikki Garrett, Mike Penn-Strah, Mary McClintock, Amy Cahillane, Anna Oltman, Alyssa Larose, Jen Hale, Andrea Donlon, Judy Atkins

Decisions and areas for further discussion were made are in red.

Updates

              Status of 42 Cleveland Street—Alyssa Larose

             RDI expects to close on the sale of the property by April 15th.

 Asbestos remediation will begin this spring.  Construction by Renaissance Builders should begin in May.  Construction should take 8 months or so.  So a sale in spring 2025 is likely.  Applications for the property will be accepted in the fall or winter with a lottery taking place after that. There will be a sign in front informing the neighborhood about what is happening at the site.  Community meetings about the site will take place this summer.  There is not a sweat equity component in this build out because the home has been abandoned for about 10 years and there were contamination issues that had to be resolved by professionals.  The new homeowners will, however, be expected to paint the walls inside.

             Status of Green River School—Susan Worgaftik

                  We still don’t know a lot yet.  Susan sent an information request to the superintendent recently, but has not heard anything back.

              Hope Street—Nikki Garrett and Anna Oltman

                   Precincts 5 and 7 are planning an Earth Day clean-up on April 21st.  The temporary Fire Station is expected to move to its new quarters by the end of May. There is now a study being done to establish the boundaries of the site.  And a grant application has been submitted for the study of the lot.  It is expected the study will take 2-6 months and it is concentrating on housing feasibility.

              Winter 2024-2025 Shelter Planning—Anna Oltman

                        The next meeting of the winter 2024-2025 shelter planning group will take place in late April or early May.  A draft policy regarding emergency shelter is now being drawn up and will be presented to providers, advocates and those with lived experience at that meeting for review and comment.

                 Housing Inspection and Registration Committee—Susan Worgaftik

                        Susan met with Mayor Desorgher on April 8th to discuss the idea that had been developed by the committee.  The following proposal was given to the Mayor:

            There needs to be one department (perhaps Health?) that coordinates the baseline information (units and addresses) and then, going forward, there would be a routing system to all concerned departments from any department that has an incident or a change to report. That key department would be the repository of all reports of housing inspection needs, proven violations, resolutions, and any court findings.  Because of the complexity of the data analysis task, we would not try to do this with historical information.  This procedure would begin when there is department agreement and the assignment of an individual in each relevant department to provide information to the key department.

            Should another department, let’s say the Assessor’s Office, want information about the number and condition of apartments at a given site, the Assessor’s Office would contact the coordinating office in the key department for the information on file.

The Mayor agreed that this is an interesting approach and will explore its potential.  Susan will check back with Mayor Desorgher in May.

               156-186 Main Street—Alyssa Larose

                        Rural Development Inc. is working with property owner, Tim Grader to establish whether it would be possible to build affordable housing on this property by building additional apartments above the storefronts presently there.  Historically, those buildings had additional stores.  The Community Preservation Committee is supporting that some of their funds should go to this feasibility study.  The study would include establishing how many units would be included in this project.  This project is part of the Complete Neighborhoods designation that the city received through Massachusetts Housing Partnership and should the project go forward, there may be funding for it through the Complete Neighborhoods program.

Discussions

            Greenfield Housing Study—Anna Oltman

                        The city has contracted with Community Scale LLC to do a housing study of Greenfield.  Jeff Sauser is head of the company and lives here so that additional local knowledge should assist with the project.  It is expected that the study will take 6-7 months.  It will include stakeholder interviews and there will be community meetings to discuss the gaps in housing.  This will result in a housing plan which also will be reviewed at a community meeting.  The study will focus on all kinds of housing needs with a particular emphasis on middle income housing (80-120% of Area Median Income).

     Recognition of Shelter and Outreach Workers—Susan Worgaftik, Louise Amyot

           Susan and Louise contacted the Garden Theater, Ice Cream Alley and Shelburne Coffee Roasters to ask if they would be willing to work with us to provide some gift certificates at a discount for the 32 shelter and outreach workers here in Greenfield. The Garden Theater offered us 64 passes at $5 each, Ice Cream Alley offered us 20% off on gift certificates for ice cream, and Shelburne Coffee Roasters offered us gift certificates without a discount.  Susan said that there are still funds from the forum that we could use for this purpose and they total just under $500.  Considering that the Garden Cinema passes will cost $320 and the $10 gift certificates from Ice Cream Alley will cost $256, we were just a little bit short on funds.  Susan said that she would donate the money that is not available through the forum fund.  Edie, Dorothy and Louise volunteered to write the thank you notes that will accompany the passes and gift certificates.  The notes and certificates will go to Erin, Keleigh and to Wildflower Alliance at the end of April.

            Mary asked if there would be a press release around these gifts.  Erin thought that might be okay.  Susan asked Erin and Keleigh to think about it to make sure that that such a release would be okay among the workers.  We do not want them to think that this is a publicity effort designed to make us look good and make them feel somewhat embarrassed.  Erin said that she would discuss this with Keleigh and others at ServiceNet to let us know.  If we do want to do a press release, Mary said she would be happy to help to write it.

            Short Term Rental—Andrea Donlon, Buckland Planning Board

                        Andrea presented the ideas and thinking that the Buckland Planning Board has done around the question of short-term rentals like Airbnb.  The slides can be found in the recording of our meeting April 8th Housing Greenfield Meeting.

Buckland will be voting on this question at their next Town Meeting.  Andrea will let us know what happened.  The Planning Board did a great deal of work on this and that may prove beneficial for other towns and Greenfield.

Reports

                Wells Street—Susan Worgaftik

                     Keleigh was unable to attend our meeting tonight due to last minute issues that came up.

             Family Shelter at the Family Inn and the Days Inn—Erin Forbush

                        Erin stated that there are still 45 families at the Days Inn.  2 are scheduled to move in the next month.  Erin said that she is seeking landlords who would be interested in housing residents of the shelters.  There are some financial incentives that go with housing the migrants in the Days Inn.  If folks know of landlords who might be interested, please let Erin know.

                        With the warmer weather,  ServiceNet is seeking to create an outdoor space for folks living in the Days Inn.  They have also been developing programs with the library and the schools.

Announcements

            The Coop is doing a follow-up event to the housing affordability forum.  This will involve Rosa Tobin, who made a presentation at our last meeting.  It will concentrate on tenants rights and supports.  It will be called Housing 101 and will take place on May 8th at 6:30-7:30 pm via zoom.  More information to come.

             Rural Development Inc is working with the town of Erving to develop senior and multi-generational housing.  There will be a discussion about the project at the Erving Senior Center on April 30th at 6:30 pm