Climate and biodiversity crises are real and are scary!
Massachusetts is on the right track but to achieve the goals, we must support it with individual actions. These actions do not involve self-sacrifice. In fact, they will save money, create jobs, and make our state more beautiful.
1. Support nature
MA’s Climate Action Plan relies on nature to reduce our annual carbon emission by 20% each year. Nature also supports all life on earth including us humans.
- Get involved in GG’s Pollinator campaigns and our Nature Walks
- Learn about our Connecticut River Concerns and advocacy
2. Decarbonize everything -- and save money
Decarbonization calls us to use less, be more efficient, and stop using fossil fuels by switching to electricity that is made from zero-carbon renewable sources such as wind, solar, geothermal, and water and more.
- Check out the many options and financial incentives: FRCOG’s Clean Energy Pages
- Choose one thing to do this year . . . and one thing you want to do soon.
3. Speak up -- Be active
Find your passion or conviction and be active on a local, regional, state, and/or federal level.
- Advocate and educate
EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED
Our actions will have many benefits such as:
Creating new good-paying jobs
Keeping our energy dollars in our pockets and in our community
Improving our air quality and water quality and supporting all living things